Happy New Year!!
I am so excited that 2011 is finally here! 2010 wasn't a bad year for my family, but I always look forward to what the new year is going to bring. I want to share with you what our plans are for the next year. Here's the top 5 so far...
5) I blogged a couple weeks ago about the "Chore Chart for Grown-Ups" here. Well today is Day 1. I love it! I have actually been doing this chart since I shared it with you by skipping to the end of 2011 and following by date. It is so easy and it has really helped me feel less overwhelmed by my daily chores.
4) I am planning to run the Capital City Half Marathon on May 7th. I wanted to run this marathon last year, but a leg injury prevented it from happening. I will be blogging more about my progress in this area very soon. Stay tuned.
3) I want to learn more about photography. I started this blog less than a month ago to share with you my life and my photos. However, in the process, I have realized there is so much more that I need to learn.
2) I want to decorate my family room. Actually what I want to do is switch out my dining room and my family room. Long story (will write about it very soon), but basically we finished our basement and we now use that as our family room. I want to move the dining room table into the family room so that we will have the fireplace with our table. I realize its hard to understand what I'm talking about so I will start snapping some pictures to share with you.
1) Number 3 must take place very soon because Josh and I are going to ITALY in June!! There is so much to share with you about this trip that I will have to write a whole other post about it later this week. (Sneak Peek: It involves $59 airfare to Europe from the US!) I will be looking for all of your travelling advice on what to do and where to go and what to see, but wait until I write about it so you have a better idea of our time frame.
By the way, Thank you so much for all of the encouragement that you all have given me during my first few weeks of blogging. I am enjoying meeting new people and I look forward to getting to know you better during the next year. Happy New Year and God Bless!
And in case you are wondering.... these are 100 year old postcards that were given to my great-great-Grandfather. See! My family really does keep EVERYTHING!